The Center for Civic Research and Innovation (CCRI) is an independent St. Louis-based organization that conducts and provides objective research and analysis designed to spur informed civic dialogue, and serve as a catalyst for the actionable, innovative solutions necessary for a safe, equitable, and thriving St. Louis region.
The Data Scientist role requires one to have a deep understanding of the analytical need and for them to leverage knowledge of managing data assets, big data technologies, data engineering, keying and linking concepts, build attributes and statistical models using traditional and modern machine learning techniques.
The Data Scientist role is responsible for managing an integrated portfolio of proprietary and public data resources and producing actionable strategies based on advanced analytics. This individual will work with a diverse team of professionals, community partners, and organizations and must have a strong passion for collaborative work.
This individual must have a solid educational foundation and the ability to balance delivery of near-term results that are aligned with the long-term vision and roadmap. This person must be detail-oriented and a fast learner.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong data analysis skills including skills to rapidly learn new data assets. Database and Data Analysis technology skills and experience required in R, Python, SQL. Additional experience in Scala, SPARK, SAS, SPS and Stata is desirable.
- Experience in data sciences with an emphasis on big data, statistical modeling, data management, data handling and data wrangling.
- Min. 2 Year experience in open-source programming languages for large scale data analysis
- Min. 1 Year experience machine learning
- Experience and knowledge of Data Visualization concepts and experience with tools such as Tibco Spotfire or Tableau is a plus.
- Knowledge/experience with ArcGIS is desirable
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent quantitative field with heavy emphasis on programming required.
- Excellent communication skills to lead training and adoption of new tools and technologies.
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving.
- Excellent collaboration skills with proactive approach to sharing knowledge with peers and cross functional teams.
- Creative and nimble with ability to overcome obstacles to solve the hardest problems.
- Flexible and responsive with ability to adapt to rapid change in direction or priority.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CCRI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation, or any other status protected by applicable law. Frequently cited statistics show that women, trans, and non-binary people, as well as other structurally marginalized groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary will be negotiated based on experience, qualifications, and record of achievement. Minimum starting salary of $80,000. Candidate salary history will not be requested nor referenced in negotiating salary. Health, dental, and additional benefits are available.
37.5-hour work week. Office hours are 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. CCRI offers flexible time options for its full-time employees in good standing, after 3 months of satisfactory employment, as well as remote/hybrid flexibility.
Commitment to Equity
CCRI strives to achieve equity in our workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CCRI conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations, valuing equity in the workplace and community.
Submit in confidence a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com with “Data Scientist – <your name> ” in the subject line.